Your child must be 4 years of age on or before September 1 of the program year and reside in Florida to be eligible for the VPK program.
To Register Online:
1. Make sure you have the correct documentation and a valid email address
a) Date of Birth Verification: such as an original or certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, Florida SHOTS documentation, passport or certificate of the child’s arrival in the United States.
b) Proof of Florida Residency: such as your valid driver’s license and/or current utility bill. Your proof of residency MUST show your physical address – not PO Box.
c) Email Address: If you do not have a valid email address use gmail.com or yahoo.com to create a free email account.
2. Apply for VPK Online: familyservices2.floridaearlylearning.com
3. Create an account using a valid email address. Check your email to activate your account prior to logging in. You must wait for the email with the correct link before trying to log in or resetting your password.
4. Enter information about yourself and your child as prompted.
5. Browse for file then choose document to attach for proof of residency and date of birth verification. Each document should be uploaded separately, do not group them together. Click Upload Selected Documents. Scanners, tablets, smart phones, etc. can be used to upload documentation.
6. Review application, sign and certify then submit the application.
7. After submitting your application online, please check your email for a confirmation receipt that your application has been delivered for review and processing. You will be contacted by phone or email if additional information is needed.
8. Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email notification explaining how to log in and print your Certificate of Eligibility. After printing, please take your Certificate of Eligibility to the VPK provider of your choice. If you need a list of approved providers in your area or have any questions regarding this process, please contact our Child Care Resource and Referral department at (321) 637-7272.
Please take a moment to review important information about the VPK program.