The Early Steps State Office has launched its new website: www.EarlyStepsDirectory.com. The website will be reviewed, updated and enhanced on a regular basis as it is still very brand new and replaces the Florida Directory of Early Childhood Services (Central Directory).
The website is designed to provide information and resources for:
- Parents or caregivers who have concerns about the development of their child under three years of age
- Individuals wanting to become an Early Steps provider
- Other interested groups or individuals
The website is user-friendly and designed in an easy-to-find and read format and includes information about:
- Public and private providers of early intervention services
- Professional groups and other groups (including parent support, and training and information centers) that provide assistance to infants and toddlers with disabilities eligible under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Part C and their families
- Resources and experts available in Florida and across the nation relating to early intervention supports and services
- Research and demonstration projects being conducted in Florida relating to infants and toddlers with disabilities
Early Steps has also launched a new toll-free information and referral telephone line: 800-218-0001. Callers will have 24-hours-per-day, 7-days-per-week access to a professional trained to assist anyone seeking linkage to any of the Local Early Steps offices, the Early Steps State Office or other related resources. Any questions not resolved through this line will be referred to the Early Steps State Office.